Easter Dresses Finished

A pair of Easter dresses for the twins:

DSC01622

Slightly puffed tulip sleeves:

DSC01623 DSC01626

 

 

 

and a Peter Pan collar:DSC01624 DSC01625

 

 

 

With a lace-overlay skirt.  On the pink, the overlay is a separate skirt, on the blue, it is fully attached along the side seams.

DSC01629 DSC01628

 

 

 

I did the pink one first, so there are some…errors.  The most obvious is that the collar doesn’t sit quite right.  It isn’t bad, but…it isn’t perfect.  I got it right on the blue one, but it took three tries to draft it just right.  The first two were too small.  The blue fabric also has a bit more body to it, so I think that contributed to the collar rolling just right, and to the sleeves holding the puff a little better.  The pink fabric was a remnant I bought last time I was in the U.S., so I’m not going to complain.

It turns out I drafted the dresses just a little on the big side.  The pink one, for Quarta, is just a bit big, while the blue one, for Tertia, is large.  The upshot is that they’ll be able to wear them for a little while, at least (especially since their birthday dresses are getting just a little small).  Another plus is that they should be able to put them on and button them on their own.

Today, Ikinji helped me sew purple coverings for our religious statues (Our Lady of Fatima, another statue of Mary, a brass wall hanging of the Sacred Heart, and a crucifix).  It went really well, and now we’re all set for Holy Week.

By rights, I should have done a new dress for Yakum, but just ran out of time.  The one I made for her last year still basically fits, so she’ll be OK for Easter.  Ikinji needs a new shirt or two, and some shorts as well.  I’ve worked out a raglan sleeve polo shirt pattern for him, and have pieces cut, but probably won’t get around to sewing it until after Holy Week.

Today, Ikinji helped me sew purple coverings for our religious statues (Our Lady of Fatima, another statue of Mary, a brass wall hanging of the Sacred Heart, and a crucifix).  It took a little over an hour to measure, cut, and sew, but it went really well, and now we’re all set for Holy Week.

Advertisements